The Second Life® Brand Center
Terms and Conditions for Using the inSL Logo
Before using the inSL logo, you must sign up here for the inSL logo program and agree to the following terms and conditions under which the logo is made available for use. By using the inSL logo, you indicate your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you don't agree to them, do not use the inSL logo in any way.
- The License. Subject to the following terms and conditions, Linden Research, Inc. ("Linden Lab") grants Second Life® residents in good standing (as defined in Paragraph 2 below) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide license to use the inSL logo to advertise or show their connection, or the connection of their products or services, to the Second Life world (the "License"). This License is limited to the inSL logo provided by Linden Lab at /my/forms/insl_signup.php.
- License Eligibility. To qualify for this License, you must have a Second Life account in good standing; agree to Linden Lab's posted Terms of Service and Community Standards; and never have received a permanent ban from the Second Life world for any violation of the Terms of Service or Community Standards. Linden Lab shall have sole discretion to determine whether you meet these criteria for eligibility.
- Use Guidelines. Your use of the inSL logo must be in strict compliance with the Guidelines for Using the inSL Logo, found at http://secondlife.com/corporate/brand/insl/guidelines.php, which may be amended from time to time. Your use of any other logo, brand name, or trademark of Linden Lab must be in compliance with the Guidelines for Using Linden Lab's Trademarks, found at http://secondlife.com/corporate/brand/trademark, which also may be amended from time to time.
- Review Process. Upon Linden Lab's request, you shall supply Linden Lab, at no cost and with no obligation to return, suitable specimens of your use of the inSL logo to verify your compliance with this License. If at any time your use of the inSL logo does not conform to the terms and conditions of this License in Linden Lab's sole opinion, Linden Lab shall have the right to request that you modify or terminate your use, and you agree to comply with Linden Lab's request within seven (7) days after it was made.
- License Term and Renewal. This License is valid for one (1) year from the effective date of execution unless earlier terminated as provided in this License. In order to renew this License for any subsequent term, you must again sign up for the inSL logo program as provided on Linden Lab's website and agree to the terms and conditions for using the inSL logo.
- Rights and Ownership. Linden Lab shall remain the exclusive owner of the inSL logo. Your use of the inSL logo shall inure exclusively to the benefit of Linden Lab. You shall not do anything to compromise Linden Lab's rights in and to the inSL logo or any other trademark of Linden Lab, such as by filing a trademark application for the word "inSL," for the inSL logo or any part of one, or for any confusingly similar mark anywhere in the world, now or in the future.
- No Warranties. The inSL logo is provided to you "as is," and you are solely responsible for your use of the inSL logo. Linden Lab disclaims all warranties, express or implied, regarding the inSL logo, including but not limited to warranties of title and of non-infringement of third-party rights. In no event shall Linden Lab be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, or other damages arising from or related to this License, its termination, or your use of the inSL logo.
- Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Linden Lab against all losses, liability, and expense, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any claims or suits, whatever their nature and however arising, which may be brought or made against Linden Lab because of your use of the inSL logo in any manner except as expressly permitted by this License, or for any personal injury, product liability or other claim arising from the creation, promotion, provision, use, sale, or offer for sale of your product or service.
- Modification and Termination. This License shall terminate automatically upon your breach of any of its terms and conditions. Linden Lab shall have the right to terminate or modify your permission to use the inSL logo at any time for any reason, in its sole discretion, without liability or obligation to you of any kind. Linden Lab shall also have the right to take action against any use of the inSL logo that does not conform to the terms and conditions of this License, infringes any of Linden Lab's intellectual property or other rights, or otherwise violates applicable law. If Linden Lab notifies you that this License is terminated, you shall cease all use of the inSL logo and remove the inSL logo from all materials and items under your control within seven (7) days after the date that notice was given.
- No Partnership. Linden Lab has no obligation to provide any type of support for your product or service. You acknowledge that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Linden Lab.
- Contact Information. The name, contact, and other information that you provide when signing up for the inSL logo program must be true and correct. You shall inform Linden Lab in writing of any change in your contact information by sending a notification with the updated contact information to Linden Lab by mail, facsimile, or email to:
Legal Department, Attn: Licensing
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Community Directory. If you are a company or organization, you permit Linden Lab to include your company or organization name in a public listing or index of Second Life community members. Your permission is royalty-free, fully paid up, and worldwide.
- Choice of Law and Venue. This License shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California to resolve any legal matter arising from this License. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds invalid any provision of this License, all remaining provisions of the License shall remain in full force and effect, and the invalid provision shall be changed and interpreted in order to best accomplish the original provision's objectives to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Complete Agreement. This License, including the Guidelines for Using the inSL Logo and the information that you provide when signing up for the inSL logo program, is the entire agreement between you and Linden Lab concerning the inSL logo.